Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Weighing in on the Controversy


Maura Kelly spewed and spawned some debate today after an article she penned appeared in Marie Claire magazine. Seems Ms. Kelly has a "big" problem with overweight television actors and decided to share her opinion with all magazine subscribers. Unfortunately for her, not all readers were impressed with the article, some, including a fellow editor of a competing magazine, questioned its very authenticity asking, "Is this for real?" Sharon Osbourne went so far as to drop her subscription. Take that!

Mile and Molly is a new situation comedy featuring two larger than life plus size actors, Billy Gardell and Melissa McCarthy, whose size is the "butt" of all jokes, no pun intended. Ms. Kelly wrote, “I think I’d be grossed out if I had to watch two characters with rolls and rolls of fat kissing each other … because I’d be grossed out if I had to watch them doing anything. To be brutally honest, even in real life, I find it aesthetically displeasing to watch a very, very fat person simply walk across a room…” To which I say, "Get a nose job bitch."

Seriously, how does someone like Kelly even get hired as a writer? Then again, maybe that's the secret to success. Say something so totally asinine you become a household name overnight. I know Kelly's name in my house is douche bag. Excuse me, I meant to say condo.

No comments: