Thursday, October 21, 2010

Rock of Ages


I was in a time warp this evening and my ears are still ringing. Went to see Rock of Ages, the Mirvish Production of a small town girl, living in a lonely world. She took the midnight train going anywhere. You guessed it. The Rock music of the 80's; Journey; Twisted Sister; Pat Benatar; Foreigner, it all had me squirming in my seat. I didn't like it then and I still don't like it even set to a story line. Perhaps it was the 80's themselves I didn't like; the clothes; the hair; the music; turning 30. Not good. The 80's from what I can remember were like debauchery. It can be fun and entertaining but it's also very bad for you.

Ticket prices were half price so I couldn't resist so here I go again on my own. (Whitesnake) Funny thing is I've been singing since I left the show. Don't stop believing. Hold on to the feelin. Street lights/people. What does this even mean?

I left there believing life can and should be set to the music of the 80's. So I thought I would set my world to song. For instance the next time someone asks me how I'm liking Toronto I may look to Styx for the reply. "I've got too much time on my hands. Ticking away with my sanity. And it's ticking away-ticking away from me." So true. Or after a few days of not speaking to my spouse I will end our disagreement by throwing in a little REO Speedwagon, "I can't fight this feeling anymore. I've forgotten what I started fighting for", because I usually do. I will be my own personal Glee but without actually entering any high school competition.

And the next time my husband asks I will answer via Journey. “Anyway you want it. That’s the way you need it.” How I want my eggs silly.

No comments: