Monday, September 27, 2010

The Word on the Street.....Awesome


One of the great things about Toronto is there's always something going on. Queen's Park was the venue for the annual Word on the Street Toronto Book and Magazine Festival. So off I went to check it out. Right away I stumbled upon a small crowd gathered outside a tent and found myself strangely drawn to an all too familiar voice. There inside the tent was the Vinyl Cafe's own Stuart McLean spinning yet another tall tale of woe regarding Dave and Morley. Further on in another tent was the Mayor of Toronto, David Miller, reading from his newly published book, "Witness to a City, David Miller's Toronto." Which made me think is everyone writing about Toronto? First there was me now Dave.
The guy who wrote The Book of Awesome, Neil Pasricha was also at the festival. I love that book. You know he writes about awesome things like finding your keys after looking forever; remembering a word that`s on the tip of your tongue; squeezing out the last of the toothpaste. Come to think of it these things aren`t so awesome. This is my life. Could the Book of Awesome be based on my life? Awesome!

No comments: