Saturday, August 28, 2010

Lurk Alike


Today we took in the Buskers in the St. Lawrence Market Neighbourhood. We saw Magic Brian who discovered at a very young age he could make people laugh simply by acting like an idiot. I didn't know you could get paid for doing that. I could do this. I do do this every day without even trying. I think I am going to start charging people.

Lurk was a mime on stilts with attitude. He would make fun of unaware passerby’s. I say, take away the stilts and I defy anyone to tell the two of us apart.

Mr. Istvan was an illusionist. Illusionists perform seemingly impossible feats using purely natural means. By definition I too could be considered an illusionist whenever I get my kids to clean their rooms. Why am I not getting paid for this? If I am unsuccessful in finding work in my chosen field I am thinking of taking my show on the road.

Silver Elvis was a robotic statue of Elvis who would move for money. Yes he was cash activated. Someone who won't move unless you give them money. Technically, that makes my kids buskers.

The Saurus were three identical dinosaurs on stilts. They would walk through the crowds bobbing their heads; sweeping their tails and snapping at hands. I have to admit those things spooked me. I liked it. I liked it a lot.

No comments: