Sunday, August 29, 2010

Whisky Soured


Today we headed to the distillery district east of downtown Toronto. In the late 1860s it was the largest distillery in the world. It once provided over 2 million gallons of whisky, mostly for export on the world market. In later years it was bought out by none other than Hiram Walker, the makers of Canadian Club. I once had a really bad experience involving underage drinking; a friend's wedding; and Canadian Club. I don't remember much except when I woke up I was wearing what I ate.

Today there are lots of shops and restaurants and photographers taking photos of brides and grooms and wedding parties. Yes a distillery is just where you would want to begin your lives together. You eventually end up there anyway so why not.

So tomorrow I am headed back to London once again for a visit with my homies. Yeah I'm going back to the hood. (Orchard Park: no hoodies or rap music just tennis and vintage wine) I’m looking forward to playing some tennis; having a few drinks and catching up. But I'll be back.

No comments: