Saturday, August 14, 2010

It`s a Voodoo Thing


Sad news to report; Today, nominations for the New Volunteer of the Rogers Cup Tournament were announced and turns out I didn't make the cut. Seems I was lacking the one standard necessary to be considered a nominee; connections with the selection committee. But I am not bitter. No point in wasting time being bitter. I am already on to my next project. `How to make a voo doo doll`. It`s suppose to be fun and entertaining. Oddly enough my work in progress seems to bear an uncanny resemblance to the nominated volunteer. Now isn`t that just the strangest coincidence?

Toronto ends its hosting of the Rogers Cup tomorrow with the final competition, Federer vs Murray. Of course I wanted Rafa Nadal to win but apparently in tennis as in life, shit happens and when it does there`s only one thing to do. Sulk. Well actually two things. Sulk and make voo doo dolls.

So just what`s eating me up? No it`s not trichinosis although I wish I hadn’t ordered the pork. The thing that’s eating me up is tennis. The good news is the tournament will be over tomorrow and then they`ll be a celebration and rumour has it two free drinks are involved. So it would seem I will be my old self again soon. Not my actual old self as in old age which I happen to be but my typical curmudgeon, cynical, caustic, loveable self. I miss her. Being a volunteer is hard work; all that smiling and mingling and making friends. It’s exhausting!

No comments: