Tuesday, August 23, 2011

We All Fall Down


No I didn't fall off of the face of the earth but I did fall and no it wasn't off the wagon either. One would have to be on the wagon in order to fall off the wagon. Wagons are of no interest to me. Not a fan of the wagon. Hate the wagon. And no I haven't fallen in love or fallen for the wrong guy but on occasion I have been known to fall apart. It's those times that prevent me from going on the wagon (see previous statement). My fall from grace while inevitable has not manifested itself just yet. There but for the grace of God go I. What I have fallen from is my bike. Yes, I have fallen off of my bike and now I have a chip on my shoulder. Well actually I have chipped my shoulder. So technically I both literally and figuratively have a chip on my shoulder. Yes a chip off the old block...Bayview and Parkhurst to be exact.

Do you know what happens when one chips their shoulder? Well for starters one cannot comb one's hair (not that anyone would notice);apply deodorant (this they would notice);hail a cab;high five someone; sleep on one's side; make a toast or raise a glass to anything or anyone (trust me I've tried). I may not be able to raise a glass but my elbow still bends. (again see reference to wagon) God works in mysterious ways. The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away-Job 1:21 (King James Version). Painkillers for a shoulder chip seems fair enough to me.

But a chipped shoulder leaves one incapacitated when it comes to the tennis serve. Without the ball toss there is no serve and when there is no serve there is no return of serve in tennis or return to tennis. No return both figuratively and literally.......again. The tennis return is of great interest to me. Big fan of the return. Love the return. Give me a week....or three.

No comments: