Wednesday, August 25, 2010

They're Gonna Put Me In The Movies


The Toronto International Film Festival commences on September 9th and the list of who's who in Hollywood will soon be referred to as the list of who's here in Toronto. The CEO of the festival, Piers Handling, is quoted in the Toronto Star today as saying that many of the films presented this year will reflect "a world of great uncertainty, with people not sure about what's around the corner." It's an eclectic year, a troubled year, an uncertain year." Now I ask you, are all of these films about me?

This got me thinking. (yes once again) If there were ever to be a film made about my life what would the title be? I have a few I have been working on like "The Wrath of Cathy"; "One Angry Woman"; "Raging Bullshit" or "The Devil Wears Timberlands". I especially like that last one.

Throughout the festival I will be a "communications volunteer" (can you feel the finger quotes). And as such, have already been informed that blogging re: the festival is a no no. But since I have only 18 followers I have to ask myself, how will they know know? So we're good. Besides, what are they going to do, not pay me? Hello, volunteer.

So I am looking forward to spinning tales of star sightings and reviewing films as the self proclaimed official unpaid movie critic of TIFF.

And all I gotta do is act naturally. Well I can fake that part.

No comments: