Thursday, July 29, 2010

Whine Goblet


Ok so last night my spouse phones me and invites me for a drink. Never one to turn down an offer for a drink I started up Bayview and spotted him at one of the small cafes. He orders a beer and I ask for the wine list. After examining the two offerings I settle for a Hillebrand at $8.50 a glass. When it arrives in a tumbler, the kind you find doubling as a toothbrush holder or jam jar, I ask, "no wine glass?" To which the waitress responds, "Our specialty is beer, sorry." Well today is our Anniversary and I have once again been asked where I would like to go. My response is a simple one. Anywhere where the wine doesn't come in a box and the glasses have a stem.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary and good luck finding a place for dinner where you can get your wine in a wine glass!